Monday, November 14, 2011

Day 1, My First Blog!

Here we have a new date, 14 November 2011. Big deal, right? Well, to me, it is... kind of. You see, today is my birthday. That's right, I hit 41 today. I know my life is not "awesome" nor "amazing" but I have two great kids to show for these years. I have my loving parents, and my big brother and his family, too. I have a job that I absolutely love (well, most of the time) teaching middle school science. And some of the greatest, funniest, craziest friends around!

Then there is the flip side of the coin, married and divorced twice, yes, twice. The first was a 12 year attempt at forever, and the second was a 366 day long "What was I thinking?!?"  Turing 40 last year was no sweat, breezed through the process, but the party we had planned, that was ruined due to busted sewer pipes should have been a clue that that fortieth year would be a doozy! For some reason, my body decided to rebel this past year. A scary, different kind of headache lead to the discovery of an aneurysm which fabulous doctors operated on and clipped. Then we discovered how truly bad my eyes are; next on my list were cornea transplants (I have had one done so far).

You're probably wondering, WTH is this blog going to be about? Well, I'll tell you.  I have always wanted to create, but I am not a "crafty" person. I have always wanted to sing, but being shy about singing in front of strangers clams me up. I would love to write a book, a good, steamy, sexy, happily ever after book, but I do not think I have the works for this.

 I've decided to give blogging a try. About what? Well, those who can't write, read. I love to read! If I can get my hands on a good romance, I'll have it finished in a day, day and a half max when my schedule allows. So I have decided to write about whatever, but mostly about the books I am reading.

Now, you're wondering how am I different from all the other book bloggers out there? First of all, I'm a novice. Never done this before. Second? I am giving it a year. I want to try and do this for a year, for myself, to see if I can. I may suck. I may epically fail at this, but it is something I can check of the bucket list.

Whew!

What's first in my line up? I just finished reading Nora Robert's The Next Always. Set in modern day Boonsboro, Maryland, it is the first in a trilogy that follows the lives and loves of the three Montgomery brothers as they work together to renovate their town square by rehabbing an old building and turning it into a unique B&B.  Beckett, the family architect, flanked by his brothers Owen and Ryder, is our leading man who has been sweet on Clare Brewster, supported by best friends, Avery and Hope, since high school. A self -important villain, Sam.  And the charming Elizabeth "Lizzy" who haunts the Inn and tends to have fun at our heros expense.

I would recommend this to anyone looking for a Happy Ever After!

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to reading your blog posts ! It takes a bit to work up a following, dont get discouraged :)

    Happy Birthday !!

    ~Kym

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those who wish to sing, always find a song. ~Swedish proverb. Maybe blogging is your song : )

    ReplyDelete