Friday, January 6, 2012

Going Down by Shelli Stevens


Going Down (Holding Out for a Hero Series #1) [NOOK Book]
                        By Shelli Stevens

OVERVIEW:
Eleanor Owen needs to get out of Chicago and quick. It's not that she doesn't want to obey the subpoena to testify against her drug-trafficking ex-boyfriend. It's making it to the witness stand alive, should a dirty cop make good on his threats.
Tiny, remote Wyattville, Oregon, looks like the perfect place to disappear, but it's hard to blend into the woodwork when one of the town's infamous namesakes sends her heart racing. Worse, Mr. Tall, Hot and Packing is the town sheriff, which means she should stay as far away from him as possible.
Tyson Wyatt is positive the sexy new girl in town is hiding something. Question is, what? He vows to feel out her secrets-including what she feels like beneath him. Preferably naked. Until then, he's not buying the story she's selling.
Their chemistry is sheet-melting hot, and Ellie realizes much too late that the man with the badge is as dangerous to her heart as her ex is to her life
Here’s what I think…
It is becoming apparent that I am a title junkie! What woman, or man, would not find themself drawn to this book by the title alone? Wjen you add in the cover shot… Well, hello there!
This is a pretty good novella that introduces us to the three main couples that will be showcased in the Holding Out For A Hero Series. The three brothers: Army soldier, Sheriff, and Fireman, and the women who capture their hearts (although not without some difficulty): a yoga instructor, an attorney, and a baker.
Going Down’s main story if about Eleanor, Ellie, Owen, who finds herself running from Chicago to avoid testifying at the trial of her ex-boyfriend. No, she is not some timid, mousy frightened woman in need. She decides as far west as possible and sets her sights on Wyattville, Oregon. She only has to lay low…
Enter Tyson Wyatt, as of THE Wyatt’s that the town is named for, and hometown sheriff. His decision to make like a good neighbor, slash sheriff and meet the new girl in town. I’ll just say their first meeting ignites his cop’s instincts. Can our Sheriff get the truth out of Ellie and keep her safe without losing his heart?


          ISBN-13: 9781609281120
         Publisher: Samhain Publishing, Ltd.
         Publication date: 7/20/2010
         Sold by: Barnes & Noble, Amazon
         Format: eBook
         Sales rank: 6,535
         Series: Holding Out for a Hero Series, #1
         

2 comments:

  1. Oh My! That is very nice cover. *pets the pretty* I am in love with Samhain authors. So far I have loved every one that I Have read.Although there are not a ton of them I have read yet, I have high hopes each time I know Samhain is the publisher and have yet to be disappointed. I have a Shellie Steven book that I have yet to read in my TBR, but I can't remember what one it is. Looks like I just moved it up. :) I am definitely interested in this series. Who doesn't love a hot man in a public service uniform? Is is getting hot in here? Phew! Thanks very much for the review. I will definitely be reading Ms. Steven sooner than anticipated. :)

    Kendra @ Reader's Edyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thanks! I am happy to know that I helped move a title up in your TBR list! Just wait, I finished the series (in two days) and am about to start sharing my thoughts

      Delete