Sunday, November 27, 2011

Reader Review of The Deed

 
Don't put off living to next week, next month, next year or next decade. The only time you're ever living is in this moment.
Unknown

      You hear people saying how "So and so" is a great book (or movie, show, whatever) and you have got to read (see, etc) it!"  Okay, okay, I know what I am trying my hand at this year is pretty much the same thing, and I realize that this all hinges on my opinion of the book that I have read, but, I think I am a pretty good judge of books; and romance books just happen to be my favorite. What can it hurt to take some of my unsolicited advice if you are looking for something to read, or gift to a book lover?

     Alright; now, to the latest book that I read: The Deed by Lynsay Sands. I guess I should warn you that I have been reading Ms. Sands for a while now, and she has never failed to entertain me with her stories. This was no different.   

The Deed stars our heroine, Emma, a petite, buxom, innocent, neglected wife who appeals to King Richard for his help in getting her husband to fulfill his husbandly duties, and he is killed on his way home to comply with the King's orders. Our hero, Amaury, is rewarded the ladies castle by the King for being a favored knight who saved our king;s life. Amaury was born a bastard son who has always longed for a castle of his own. Of course, no story is complete without some type of conflict, and here we have a struggle for feudal power. A sizable dowery, a desired castle, a beautiful lady? Yep, trouble.

If you are searching for a book that is fun to read, has engaging characters, witty dialogue, easy visualization, and that pulls you effortlessly into the tale, then you should put The Deed on your list.

  • Pub. Date: July 2010
  • Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
  • Sold By: HARPERCOLLINS
  • Format: NOOK Book (eBook) , 384pp
  • Sales Rank: 6,199


No comments:

Post a Comment