Friday, November 25, 2011

Review of When Passion Rules

     I sat down over a week ago, excitement running through me, to read the latest novel by Johanna Lindsey, When Passion Rules, a historical romance. Ms. Lindsey was the first "adult" romance author I had ever read, following her characters as they moved from story to story beautifully. Always entertaining me.
     I had a very difficult time reading When Passion Rules, it failed to, I don't know, suck me into the story? That sounds right. The story is this:
       An infant Princess Alana is kidnapped by an assassin who has a chance of heart. Eighteen years later, the assassin, now her beloved "Uncle" Poppie reveals the truth about her life. They load up the coaches and travel to her homeland. 
       Enter our hero, Christoph Becker, a nobleman who is now Captain of the Palace Guard. Christoph is a man with "barbaric" tendencies. His disbelief of Alana's claim drives the story.
     I hesitate to go into the story more than this, fearful that I might give too much away, so I will just continue on with my review. I found the characters very flat and unimpressive. Alana and Christoph failed to draw me into their world, no fault of their own, I just think that their story was lackluster. When Passion Rules failed to rule me.




When Passion Rules





    • Pub. Date: June 2011
    • Publisher: Gallery Books
    • Sold By: SIMON & SCHUSTER
    • Format: NOOK Book (eBook) , 400pp
    • Sales Rank: 2,556

No comments:

Post a Comment