Thursday, November 24, 2011

Things I am Thankful for

I just wanted to share a quick post on this Thanksgiving Day of what I am thankful for.

The start of my list would be my faith in my God. He may not be the same one that you believe in, but I think there is only one, but He wears many hats to fit the beliefs of the individual follower. There is not right or wrong God, there is only God.

I am thankful for my family.  My parents who raised me, who give me all the love and support they have. Who made me into who I am today. My brother and his family; even though there are miles between us, I know that you are there when I need you.

My children.  I am doing the best I can by you, supporting you always, but stepping back enough to let you make mistakes and, hopefully, learn from them. Knowing without any shadow of a doubt how much I love you.

My job.  As a middle school teacher it can be challenging to look at this and think "thankful?!?" but that is what I am. I love every aspect of teaching, knowing that these kids will take something away from my class. Watching them change from pre-teens into beautiful men and women. Being lucky enough to love these kids every day, knowing that I am loved in return. The beautiful people I work with. men and women of amazing faith who come together every day for the love of the job. Another family.

Dreams. If it were not for my dreams, I don't think I would even be sitting here with my third blog being written. I dreamt of being a singer, and fulfilled it by singing the National Anthem, twice, at the home town minor league baseball games. I acted in my elementary school musicals, again, twice. I have danced, badly, long ago, but I danced. Now I am writing. Mostly about books, but today about what I am thankful for.

There are mountains of little things that I am grateful for, too many to address here, as I know most people will agree.

And lastly, but if not for this one, I do not know if I would have the above mentioned things to be thankful for, the men and women who are away from their families. I am thankful every day for these soldiers who sacrifice so selflessly so that I may enjoy the things I am grateful for.

So, on this Thanksgiving Day,
know that I am
grateful to you for
indulging me this small opportunity to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment